Serena Williams: 35 Smashing Years
This woman needs no introduction. She is the queen of court, has won countless titles and several Olympic golds and calls herself a perfectionist. She has been ranked number one in the world five times and has arguably earned the more prize money than any other female player. As the ace tennis player turns 35 today, we take a look at ten interesting facts about her:
- She started off with intensive tennis training at the tender age of 3.
- Her middle name is Jameka.
- Dogs, especially her Yorkshire Terrier Chip are the closest to her heart.
- Her favourite water sport is tubing.
- She starred with her sister Venus in the TV series Venus and Serena: For Real.
- Her favourite author is Maya Angelou.
- Both the sisters also appeared in the Simpsons episode Tennis the Menace.
- She has a clothing line by the name of Aneres, which is her name spelled backwards.
- She was appointed the UNICEF international goodwill ambassador in 2011.
- She released her autobiography Queen of the Court in 2009.
Any list is too short for this lady. There are many more interesting facts about the lady surrounding her penchant for fashion and her dedication to her sport. Here’s to this phenomenal player in the history of tennis.
Featured Image Source