Let’s skip the repetitive preaching about the importance of breakfast in our routine and move to how making a healthy breakfast becomes one messy activity for a bachelour living alone. We decided to help you guys out with some cool, yummy and quick breakfast options. Read on to find out.
This very popular breakfast of America with a French name is a frozen dessert and makes for a filling and healthy breakfast. Make yourself a glass full of the Yogurt Berry Parfait which can be made with easily available ingredients.
- Toss the berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries) with sugar and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Flavour the yogurt with some honey and pour 1 tbsp of yogurt in a tall clear glass.
- Add 1 tbsp prepared berries and the same quantity of granola.
- Repeat till the glass is full. Ready!
2. Potato Gratin
This can actually be a very filling and healthy breakfast. Creamy and surprisingly easy a recipe, this.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Pour in flour, salt, pepper and gradually add milk.
- Transfer to a baking dish, cover and bake for an hour.
- Uncover and bake again till the potatoes are tender. Yum!
This savoury, open faced pastry crust with a custard and meat/seafood filling is another healthy breakfast option.
- Put cheese and crumbled meat along the bottom of a pie plate.
- Mix eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk till smooth and pour into the pie pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set and your quiche is ready.
*You can add cheese and alter the filling to suit your taste.
It is said that there is nothing like making your own granola. Toss in as many nuts and fruits you want and make it the healthiest and yummiest version of granola you have ever had.
- Mix roasted almonds, oats, coconut and cinnamon.
- Mix honey and oil separately, and sprinkle over the mixture.
- Toss to mix better.
- Put these in a baking dish and cook for 8 minutes, tossing every couple of minutes.
5. Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
It's sweet, it's healthy and takes 10 minutes to get ready.
- Heat oil over medium flame and add onions with a pinch of salt.
- Cook until soft and add garlic, red pepper, the sweet potato cubes and black pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes, add scallions.
- Add chopped kale for a healthier meal.
With all these intetesting options, we hope you indeed "Breakfast like a king" and give a good start to your day.
Featured Image Source