7 Popular Bars Share Their Most Popular Cocktail's Recipe; Try This At Home!
Getting drunk in home is the new in-thing. Where drinking is a celebration, mixing drinks is an art. If you are the one who owns a personal bar and is always up to mix drinks and prepare strong cocktails that get your guests tipsy in minutes, now is the time you learn how to mix like the professional bartenders at your favoruite bars and restaurants in Delhi and around.
1. Pineapple Ginger Jalapeno Margarita
This cocktail is a perfect balance of spice, citrus and punch. The Pineapple Ginger Jalapeno Margarita is a special concoction of all things perfect for the summer. Pineapple is good for glowing skin in and Ginger is a good antioxidant.
Bar: Arriba- Mexican Grill and Tequileria
- Fresh Pineapple - 4 chunks,
- Jalapeno- 4 pieces
- Ginger - 2 chunks, medium size
- Tequila - 30 ml
- Triple sec - 30 ml
- Lime Juice- 30 ml
- Salt and Pepper for the rim (Optional)
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the Pineapple, Jalapeno and Ginger.
- To this add the triple sec, lime juice and tequila.
- Top with Ice and shake until the shaker is completely chilled.
- Serve cold with a rim of salt and pepper.
2. The Green Apple Basil Martini
This summer cocktail is perfect for those summer woes. Drink this and forget about the dreaded Delhi heat. Its a perfect drink for the summers, for Green Apple and Basil help in reducing stress.
Bar: TabulaBeach 2.0
- Fresh Green Apple- 6 chunks,
- Basil Leaf- 5
- Vodka- 45 ml,
- Lime Juice- 20 ml
- Star Anise- one whole
- In a cocktail Shaker Muddle Green apple chunks, Basil Leaf.
- Add Vodka, Lime Juice and One whole star Anise.
- Add Apple Juice.
- Shake Well and fine strain in a Martini Glass
- Garnish : 3 apple slices and a Basil Spring
3. Watermelon Coriander Togarashi
This summer drink is infused with fresh Watermelon which helps in retaining water levels in the body even in this heat. This perfectly infused blend of sweet and sour, will keep you cool in the summer and will also be the ideal drink to have when you need a getaway from the humdrum of everyday life.
Bar: The Hungry Monkey
- Fresh Watermelon : 6 chunks
- vodka : 60 ml
- coriander : 2 sprig
- Togarashi : a pinch
- Lime Juice : 20 ml
- Watermelon Syrup : 10ml
- In a cocktail shaker muddle Watermelon and Coriander.
- Add Togarashi, lime juice, watermelon syrup and ice.
- Shake well and fine strain in martini glass.
- Garnish with Watermelon balls on a cocktail stick.
Mangaa - Remember, as kids you were given the aam panna to beat the heat? Your good old aam panna got a gastro twist this summer. Mangaa at Monkey Bar has aam panna mixed with vodka, sweet lime, jeera and salt making it a must - have this season.
Bar: Monkey Bar (Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore)
- 60 ml vodka
- 90 ml freshly squeezed sweet lime juice
- 45 ml raw mango squash
- 1 raw mango slice, to garnish
- 1 cup cubed ice
- Add the vodka, sweet lime juice and raw mango squash into a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Shake well and pour into a nutella jar or glass of your choice.
- Garnish with a slice of raw mango.
5. Purple Haze Bongtail
It’s not a fruit, it’s not a drink; it is a Bongtail. Tired of the same old cocktails and looking for something new? Come and check out the latest invention that promises to get you moving and shaking to the beat. Check out the Bongtails at Raasta, the Caribbean Lounge.
Bringing in the true Caribbean spirit with the Raasta twist - these Bongtails combine the easy-peasy Caribbean vibe with some stylishly blended cocktail flavours. The traditional bong, that has spread the message of joy and nirvana to countless believers of the Raasta movement, now has a new avatar and this is the one that you are going to love.
A fabulous innovation that brings together the true Caribbean vibe by serving cocktails in beautiful glass bongs, the Bongtails at Raasta bring the zing in with a medley of crazy flavours and colours.
Bar: Raasta (Hauz Khas & Cyber Hub)
- Vodka 20 ml
- Gin 20 ml
- Tequila 20 ml
- Whisky 20 ml
- Dark Rum 20 ml
- Triple Sec 15 ml
- Lime Juice 15 ml
- Cranberry Juice 90 ml
- Guava Juice 60 ml
*Measurements shared are as per the 330 ML size
- Add the vodka, gin, tequila, whisky, dark rum, triple sec and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and pour into a glass bong of your choice.
- Fill the bong tube with ice.
- Top it with cranberry juice and guava juice.
6. Kafir Mellon
This cocktail enables your love for citrusy cocktails.
Bar: Bottles & Barrels (Gurgaon)
- Fresh Water Mellon: 3-4 Slice
- Kaffir Lime: 3-4 leaves
- Vodka: 60ml
- Muddle fresh lime and water mellon in a shaker
- Add vodka and ice
- Mix it properly and strain it twice
- Serve it in rock glass
- Garnish with small piece of kafir Lime and water mellon
7. Circuit Breaker
All you need to get drunk quick and fast with incredible taste to suit your palate.
Bar: Factory by Sutra, (Gurgaon)
- Absolut Kurrant: 60 Ml
- English Grape: 4-5 Pcs
- Lemon Wedges: 5
- Black Currant Puree: 15 Ml
- Red Bull
- Put Grapes in Glass, Thereafter Put 3 Lemon Wedges And Muddle The Ingredients
- Pour The Vodka , Thereafter Top The Glass With Crushed Ice
- Pour The Black Currant Puree Over The Ice And Top It Up With Red Bull
- Squeeze The Remaining 2 Lemon Chunks And Stir
- Enjoy the Devine Taste And Get Indulge
Bar Tender Advice: Adjust Sweetness and Sourness with adding sugar or Lemon juice as per your taste
So what are you mixing, today?
Featured Image Source: Shutterstock
Read other stories around food and drinks in our TasteBuds section.