Festive Cocktails For Your Festive Season!
The festive season is here. It’s the time for sweets, food and snacks to be served. But, what do you serve your guest in this season when the days are still warm and the nights are cold? Let us give you an assist with these perfectly mixed cocktails.
COCONUT ROSE COOLER
• Rose syrup, 4 teaspoons
• Tender coconut water, chilled 1 cup
• Fresh mint leaves
• Lemons juice
• 60ml Vodka
• Rose petals for garnishing
• Drinking soda if required
• Combine vodka, mint leaves, lemon juice and a little coconut water in a shaker.
• Add rose syrup and remaining coconut water, ice and shake well.
• Pour the drink in a chilled whiskey glass and garnish with chopped rose leaves.
• Top the drink with soda, add a full rose petal and serve chilled.
CUCUMBER GINGER LEMONADE
For the honey ginger syrup:
• 84g honey
• 120ml water
• 90gm fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
For the lemonade:
• 240ml fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 700ml cold water
• 250ml gin or vodka
• Ice for serving
• Sliced lemons and cucumbers for garnishing
• Sparkling water if needed
To make the honey ginger syrup:
• Place the honey and water in a medium saucepan, bring to a simmer, stirring until honey is completely dissolved. Turn off heat, add the freshly grated ginger. Cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
• Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve, pressing hard on the ginger pulp discarding the solids. Pour into a bottle or jar, and refrigerate it an hour. You can keep the syrup in your refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To make the lemonade:
• Mix the lemon juice and honey ginger syrup in a large pitcher. Add cold water (more or less depending on how strong you like your lemonade). If you are using sparkling water don’t add it until you are ready to serve so that it doesn’t loose its fizz. Add vodka or gin.
• Garnish with slices of cucumbers and lemons. Stir for 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
SPICED PINEAPPLE COCKTAIL
• Fresh lime juice from 3 limes
• 3 tablespoons honey
• 250ml pineapple juice
• 2 cups frozen pineapple cubes
• 65ml triple sec
• 85ml tequila
• 500gm ice
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon coarse or Black salt.
• Stir together lime juice and honey. Add the mix into a blender, along with pineapple juice, pineapple, triple sec, tequila, and ice. Blend until smooth and frothy.
• In a small shallow bowl or saucer, combine chili powder, sugar, and salt. Rub a lime wedge around the rims of 4 glasses, then dip glasses in the spice mix to coat. Divide the drink among glasses and serve with pineapple wedges.
• Add the spice mix in the drink if needed and stir.
To read more and see more photos, click on this link - http://tcg.media/subscribe.php Or order your FHM India copy of October 2017.