Ditch The Takeout
Baby Spinach & Ricotta Tartlets
Cooked chopped spinach: 150 gms
Fried chopped garlic: 10 gms
Creamy ricotta: 60 gms
Grated parmesan cheese: 60 gms
Whole egg: 2 units
Shredded mozzarella: 60 gms
Flour: 100 gms
Polenta: 50 gms
Salted butter: 40 gms
1. Preheat oven at 190 °C and lightly grease eight medium-size muffin tray.
2. Mix spinach, garlic, ricotta, parmesan cheese and one egg in a bowl.
3. Make a savoury dough by mixing flour, soft butter, polenta and the other egg.
4. Sheet the dough, cut eight circles and line the muffin tray cavity.
5. Fill it with spinach mixture and top it with shredded mozzarella.
6. Bake it for 12 minutes and serve hot.
By Gaurav Bansal, Sous Chef, Courtyard by Marriott, Bengaluru ORR
Coffee Battered Fish
Fish: 150 gms
Tempura flour: 90 gms
Cooking soda: 10 gms
Water to make the batter
Salt: 15 gms
Crushed pepper: 8 gms
Oil to fry
Coffee extracts: 40 ml
Mayonnaise for making the dip
1. Make the batter out of tempura flour, cooking soda, coffee extract, salt, and water.
2. Cut the fish into fish shapes. Dip the pieces in the batter.
3. Fry in fresh oil till it gets golden brown in colour.
4. Make coffee mayo with coffee extract mixed well with mayonnaise sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve immediately with coffee mayo.
By Executive Chef Gaurav Anand, Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
Prawns: 50 gms
Onion: 10 gms
Garlic: 5 gms
Thyme: 5 gms
Leeks: 5 gms
Celery: 5 gms
Zucchini: 10 gms
Parmesan cheese: 5 gms
Ricotta cheese: 5 gms
Lasagne sheet: 4 pieces
1.Clean the prawns thoroughly.
2. Finely chop the prawns, onions, garlic, thyme, leeks, celery, and zucchini.
3. Sauté all the ingredients in a pan, and then add parmesan and ricotta cheese.
4. Blanch the lasagne sheets, soak them in the oil, and keep them aside.
5. Finally, stuff the sautéed ingredients inside the lasagne sheet.
6. Place the cannelloni in a baking tray with homemade tomato sauce on the bottom and cheese on the top.
7. Bake it for five minutes and serve hot.
By Chef Rayomund Padiwalla, Executive Chef, Gokulam Grand Hotel and Spa