Did you know that there is an entire study dedicated to beards? It is called Pogonology. And the irrational fear of beards is called pogonophobia. These are not the most interesting facts about your facial hair. There are more. Take a look.
1. 5.5 inches per year is the rate at which the beard of an average man grows.
2. 27. 5 feet, that’s how long your beard will grow if you were to put down your razor and stop shaving forever.
3. 90 to 95%, that’s how successful a full-grown beard is, in providing protection against the harmful UV rays.
4. 38 feet, number of songs dedicated to beard by Australian band “The Beards”.
5. 11 years old, age of the young girl Grace Bedel who convinced Abraham Lincoln to grow a beard. Bedel suggested that his appearance would benefit immensely from growing a beard.
6. 5.33 meters, that’s the length of the longest recorded beard. It belonged to a Norwegian-American man named Hans Langseth.
7. 98% of the Forbes 100 list of the world’s richest men are clean-shaven.
8. 63% is the percentage of your likeliness to win a staring contest if you sport a beard.
9. 2010, the fateful year when a man in Kentucky was forced to eat his own beard at knife-point during an argument.
10. 1 pint and a half, the quantity of beer that can get trapped in an average beard.
11. Generally, facial hair has been viewed as the image of learning and insight. Which is all well and good, we state, since taking a gander at the most splendid personalities, for example, Shakespeare, Socrates, Galileo, Plato, or Vincent Van Gogh - every one of them had whiskers.
12. In the event that you have dust or pollen allergies, begin sporting facial hair. It will support you. It has been demonstrated, therapeutically.